Luggage is being transported as checked or unchecked. The passenger shall be entitled to free luggage transport according to our provisions of transport conditions.
Cabin baggage may have a maximum length of 55 cm, maximum width of 40 cm, and maximum thickness of 20 cm. The passenger may carry only 1 piece of cabin baggage. Apart from 1 piece of cabin luggage with the aforementioned dimensions, passengers may carry the objects mentioned below for personal use, which they are responsible for within the aircraft cabin:
- a small lady’s handbag
- a coat, a scarf, or a blanket
- an umbrella, dress cane, or walking stick
- a camera, video camera, binoculars, or a small personal computer
- a basket for a child and food for a child for the flight duration
- crutches and orthopedic instruments for disabled passengers
The total weight of the cabin baggage and objects for personal needs may not exceed 8kg. The carrier shall be entitled to verify the dimensions of the cabin luggage and the total weight of all objects carried by the passenger to the aircraft cabin. A fully foldable chair for disabled passengers is stored within the cargo hold of the aircraft due to practical reasons and is transported free of charge.
As checked luggage, properly closed and locked suitcases or other firmly closable luggage shall be accepted. The weight of a single piece of luggage may not exceed 32kg. Other objects may be taken over for transport with the consent of the carrier.
Luggage, including bags with a zip closing, must be locked to prevent opening during transit. An adult passenger shall be entitled to transport a limited weight of baggage according to actual fare conditions or charter agreement.
A child up to 2 years of age (with no entitlement to their own seat) shall be entitled to travel for free within a folded baby pram including a meal for the flight duration. A child from 2 to 14 years of age shall be entitled to travel with a limited weight of luggage as stated in fare conditions or charter agreement.
DOCUMENTS – PASSPORTS, VISAS, AND OTHER PAPERS
A passenger shall provide all documents and comply with all conditions for entering and exiting the country, requested by the authorities from the country of departure, arrival, transfer, or transit. The carrier shall not be liable for damages or expenditures incurred by the passenger for failure to observe the aforementioned obligations. The carrier shall be entitled to check all travel documents and papers.
A new EU regulation on the transit of liquids in the aircraft cabin came into force on November 6th, 2006. It restricts the amount of liquids that may be taken onboard the cabin as cabin baggage. All liquids the passenger intends to take to the cabin shall be subject to a security check. The aim is to protect all passengers aboard each flight.
The definition of liquids in the regulation covers the following:
- liquid substances
- gels, pastes, and face lotions
- hair gel
- liquid for contact lenses
- shaving foam
Liquids do not include:
- lip balsam
- prescription drugs and powders
Be prepared to present all liquids at the security check. The passenger may take liquids to the cabin as cabin baggage as follows:
- liquids are packed in containers not exceeding a capacity of 100ml
- containers are placed in a transparent closing plastic bag with a capacity of 1 liter
Some liquids needed during a flight are not restricted. They include children’s meals and drinks as well as prescription drugs.
The following are permitted in the cabin:
- children’s meals and drinks needed during the flight
- prescribed drugs needed during the flight
- drinks required for people on a diet
The genuineness of drugs, liquids, children’s meals, and drinks shall be verified upon request with security control.
The following liquids are not permitted in the aircraft:
- easily combustible aerosols in containers with a capacity exceeding 500ml
- caustic substances
- diluting agents
- cleaning detergents based on alcohol
- all poisons (e.g., bug repellents)
- alcohol exceeding 70%
At the Airport
Take notice of the fact that the gate closes 40 minutes before flight departure (if your e-ticket or boarding pass doesn’t show differently)!
After check-in, you can use the services available in the public part of the airport, or you can go through the security check to the departure lounge.
After arriving at the airport, check all data on your flight on the information board: time of departure, check-in number, and the number of the departure gate. Firstly, go to check-in.
Check-in has to be performed no later than:
- 45 minutes before the planned departure;
- 60 minutes before the planned departure, should you have any special requirements or in case you have luggage with above-standard dimensions or otherwise special luggage.
Conditional Acceptance for Transport
Transport of a passenger who would be exposed to a risk of health, injury, or other harm during the flight concerning their physical or mental state, or age-related risks shall be carried out, with a condition that the carrier shall not be liable for eventual injury, disease, or other bodily injuries, including the death of the passenger, and damage on things which the passenger has with them in case such harm or damage occurred in relation to or due to transport.
Upon purchase of the air ticket, an unwell passenger has to submit a medical certificate with the prescribed form on their capacity to fly safely. In case of the sudden death of the passenger during the flight, their mortal remains will be unloaded from the aircraft at the closest airport, and they will be handed over to the relevant and official local authorities under the protocol for further investigation and ordering the substitute transport.
TRANSPORT OF PASSENGERS WITH REDUCED MOBILITY AND DISABLED PERSONS
A passenger with reduced mobility is a passenger whose current health or physical state requires special attention by the air carrier. They are being provided care under the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EC) No. 1107/2006. The scope of care during the flight depends on the security regulations in air transport, the equipment of the carrier aircraft, and on local conditions of the respective airport.
Transport for passengers with disabilities and persons with reduced mobility, without an accompanying person, shall be considered to be travelling under special conditions, and are subject to the same regulations as those applying to passengers with other health conditions.
Blind passengers or other passengers depending on a guide dog’ assistance must produce a confirmation of the dog’s training for the assistance of the disabled, required travel documents, and a mouthpiece for a dog for eventual use, if necessary.
The guide dog must wear a harness and a lead, and it shall be transported on the aircraft free of charge (however, it shall not sit on apassenger seat).
TRANSPORT OF PREGNANT WOMEN
A pregnant woman shall be obliged to inform the carrier of the pregnancy state and eventual problems. When transporting pregnant women till the end of the 27th week of pregnancy without health problems, a medical certificate for being cleared to fly is not required.
In case of multiple pregnancies or expected problems, or risk of pregnancy or the state exceeding the 27th week of pregnancy, a medical certificate is required (not older than 7 days before departure) proving that a pregnant woman may fly while the transport is at her own risk and the carrier waives any responsibility.
From the 37th week of pregnancy, air transport is prohibited for pregnant women. The carrier shall be entitled to refuse to transport the pregnant woman.
TRANSPORT OF CHILDREN WITHOUT COMPANY
Children from 5 to 12 years of age may travel alone. Following procedures must be applied when transportation of unaccompanied minors on board AIREXPLORE flights occurs:
- Children under 5 years shall not be accepted if traveling unaccompanied.
- Children between 5 and 12 years will be accepted unaccompanied if the following requirements are met:
- An adult must take care of the minor at the departure airport and carry out all necessary actions until the aircraft with the minor is departed.
- An adult must take care of the minor at the destination airport.
- “UNACCOMPANIED MINOR, Request for Carriage – Handling Advice Form”, must be issued at check-in. 7 copies should be duly filled in and signed by the legal parent or guardian of the child. The child being mentioned on required documentation is then authorized to travel.
- A UMNR will be accepted on AIREXPLORE direct flights only.
TRANSPORT OF NEWBORNS
A newborn under these Conditions shall mean children up to 2 years of age. Transport of a newborn younger than 14 days of life is excluded from the flights of the carrier. Newborns shall not be entitled to a seat in the aircraft or luggage transport. The newborn shall be transported only on knees, in the arms, or on the lap of a parent or another adult accompanying them.
The newborn shall be entitled to the seat only if the travel expenses were paid in full amount as of the adult, providing a child car seat that meets all safety, technical, and other necessary regulations. One passenger may transport only one newborn at any one time.
TRANSPORT OF ANIMALS
AIREXPLORE will only accept carriage cats and dogs.
Due to government-specific regulations, carriage of animals to/from the UK and Ireland is not allowed.
Cats and dogs have to be a minimum of 8 weeks old, and pregnant animals cannot be accepted for carriage. The passenger needs to check in with the animal and the container.
Live animals (cats and dogs) may be transported only with the carrier’s prior approval and under the conditions stipulated by the carrier:
- Pets whose weight exceeds 8 kg including the cage/container. Transport is provided on the responsibility of the passenger, who is obliged to sign a form before transport acceptance in which the carrier disclaims responsibility.
- A pet must be transported accompanied by a passenger older than 18 years old only.
AIREXPLORE declines all responsibility for any deterioration in the animal’s health that may occur before, during, or after the flight.
AIREXPLORE will not be liable for any loss, damage, or expense arising from:
- death due to natural causes
- death or injury of any animal caused or contributed to, by the condition, conduct, or acts of the animal itself
- death or injury caused by defective packing of the animal
- death or injury caused by the inability of the animal to withstand unavoidable changes in its physical environment inherent in the carriage by air
The passenger must provide all necessary documents such as:
- Export, import, and/or transit permits
- Health and/or vaccination certificates
- Identities of the animals (sex, age, and weight)
Pets whose owners are residents of the EU countries and who wish to travel between the EU countries should have their veterinarian issue the new Blue Pet Passport form. This form can only be issued by veterinarians within the EU. If the passenger and the pet travel to an EU country from a third country, the pet should have a prepared EU form 998 veterinary certificate. AIREXPLORE cannot be held responsible if an animal is refused entry into or transit through a country.
Damage, delay and lost luggage
In case of delay during transport of checked luggage, the carrier shall be responsible for the damage up to the amount of SDR 1,131,- per passenger, except for the cases when the carrier took all appropriate measures to avoid the damage or if such measures could not be taken.
In case of destruction, loss, or damage of checked or unchecked luggage, the carrier shall be responsible for damages amounting to SDR 1,131,- per passenger, except for cases of usual tear and wear and when the luggage of a passenger has been damaged or defective before the flight. The aforementioned limitations of the liability for luggage amounting to SDR 1,131,- shall apply to both checked and unchecked luggage altogether.
In case of destruction, loss, damage, or delay of the goods, the liability of a carrier shall be limited by the amount of SDR 19,- per kilogram of the weight of the goods. The limit of liability shall not apply to the air transport of goods with declared value, where the carrier shall be liable up to the amount mentioned.
In case of damage, delay, or loss of the luggage, please complete our Application form and contact us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgAPPLICATION FORM
CODE OF ETHICS AND BUSINESS CONDUCT